Start-to-Finish Dental Implants
Dental implants are the preferred method for replacing missing teeth, whether you’re missing one tooth or many teeth. Our Board-Certified Prosthodontist and Implantologist, Dr. Thomas Maveli, can give you back a beautiful, fully functioning smile with the help of dental implants.
Meet Dr. Maveli
Dr. Thomas Maveli obtained his Master of Science degree in prosthodontics and completed a dual-major Advanced Dental Education program in prostho- dontics and implant dentistry at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry in California. Dr. Maveli is board-certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics, and is also a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists.
Thanks to his specialized training, Dr. Maveli is an expert at presenting patients with options for preserving their teeth over the long-term with restorative dental treatments. He enjoys helping his patients get back a smile they love showing off.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium post that is inserted into the jawbone in place of a missing tooth. After Dr. Maveli has placed the implant, it will begin to integrate with your jawbone, eventually creating a strong and solid anchor for a restoration to go on top.
If Dr. Abraham or Dr. Maveli recommends a dental implant to restore your smile, they will go over the procedure in depth with you beforehand. Our practice offers immediate implant placement, as well as provisionalization (placement of a dental implant immediately following a tooth extraction).
Benefits of Dental Implants
- They look, feel, and function like your natural teeth.
- Bone loss that naturally happens after you lose a tooth can be prevented with implants.
- Implants help preserve the shape of your jaw and face by supporting your cheeks and lips.
Dental Implant Restorations
There are a number of options for dental implant restorations, and the one that is best for you depends on the number of missing teeth, as well as the recommendation of Dr. Maveli.
- Dental crown (great for single-tooth implants)
- Dental bridges (ideal when only a couple of teeth in a row are missing)
- Implant-supported overdentures (used with patients missing most or all teeth)
- All-on-4® dental implants (the use of four implants placed strategically in an arch to serve as an anchor for a non-removable denture)
If you’re missing a tooth and want to know if a dental implant is right for you, call Capstone Dentistry today!